Der Jäger in der WoW Classic Beta: „Not a Bug“-Features, vorgenommene Bugfixes und noch bestehende Probleme
Der letzte Tag der WoW Classic Beta ist angebrochen und Blizzard (in Form von Quality Assurance Lead Aggrend) hat sich vor wenigen Stunden ausführlich zum Jäger geäußert, zu dem es während der gesamten Beta viele Bug-Reports gegeben habe.
Veröffentlicht wurden eine Liste mit „Not a Bug“-Features, eine Liste mit Fixes, die entweder in aktuellen Builds bereits drin sind oder noch kommen und aktuell getestet werden, sowie eine Liste mit Problemen, die als Bugs bestätigt wurden und zum aktuellen Stand noch bei den Bekannten Problemen stehen.
Since the beginning of beta, we’ve seen a lot of bug reports around the Hunter class in particular, and we’ve been working diligently over the past weeks to shore up some of the issues that players have been reporting to us. We felt that it would be helpful to post an update on our progress as well as to clear up some confusion around issues that were reported that are behaving consistently with the Reference client and are not considered to be actual bugs.
The following issues are behaving as expected and are considered to be “Not a Bug” (we’ll be updating the Not A Bug list with these issues as well):
- Hunter “dead zone” is working as expected and is consistent with the Reference Client
- A wolf pet’s Howl buff is consumed by anything that causes damage, even if it does not benefit from the buff
- A Hunter pet’s Bite and Claw ability damage will not change in the tooltip based on the happiness of the pet. The tooltip will always display the damage as if the pet were Content (yellow). This is consistent with the Reference client
- Note: This was reported several times to us based on 1.2 patch notes which seem to have been misunderstood. The intent here is simply that damage displayed is what the pet would deal if it were Content, not what it deals based on its current happiness level.
- Traps can sometimes not be triggered if a player moves over them very quickly (i.e. a Warrior’s Charge ability). This behavior is consistent with the Reference client.
- Auto Shot does not make a sound when cast during the animation of Hunter’s Mark and certain other abilities
- Scatter Shot, Wyvern Sting, and Freezing Trap share diminishing returns
- A Hunter’s Frost Trap ground effect will break players out of stealth
The following reported issues are either confirmed fixed in recent builds, or we have upcoming fixes currently in testing:
- Crocolisk pets cause noticeable server lag when summoned
- Beast lore does not display the targeted creatures armor in the tooltip
- Feign death does not immediately drop the Hunter from combat in a Battleground
- Feign Death does not cause the Hunter’s health and mana bar to zero out as if the Hunter was dead
- Feign Death does not kill the hunter if they stay feigned the entire duration
- Hunters are performing a WalkBackwards animation while strafing left during Auto Shot
- Hunters have the ability to tame pets 2 levels higher than the Hunter’s level
- Hunter Pets do not auto-cast Dash or Dive when engaging their target
- The Bonus Armor from Thick Hide is dropping off of Hunter pets shortly after talenting into it
- Sending Hunter pets into combat with a special ability such as Bite does not also trigger your pet to begin attacking
- Multiple instances of Hunter’s Mark can be applied to a target
- Hunters are unable to cancel the animation associated with placing a trap by moving
- Explosive Trap and Frost Trap place the hunter into combat each time they apply their associated effects or deal damage
- Enemies will ignore collision when in combat with a player
- Note: This isn’t hunter specific and was a global issue. This did affect Hunter pets so we listed it here
- Pets do not display a “ding” visual when leveling up
- Activating a Night Elf Hunter’s Shadowmeld racial ability at the same time that the Eyes of the Beast cast completes will give the player control over pet movement without snapping to the Pet’s point of view
- Ranged attacks cannot be blocked
- Training pets may cause your client to become unresponsive
- The spell animation for flare is significantly different than the animation used in 1.12
Please note that this list is not comprehensive. There have been many other issues that affect hunters that have been fixed recently, and we are still hard at work fixing other bugs.
The following issues have been confirmed as bugs and are still Known Issues as of our current Beta build:
- Hunter pets that died while the hunter was in a battleground are resurrected in an unhappy state when the battleground ends
- Auto Shot does not animate or display a missile when it fires immediately after Aimed Shot
- Aspect of the Pack will sometimes attempt to apply itself to mounted party members
- When a Quiver or Ammo Pouch is equipped, the tooltip for Aimed Shot incorrectly reflects an attack speed bonus from the Quiver or Ammo Pouch that it does not actually receive
- When taming a pet that teaches the Hunter a new Beast Training ability, the chat message does not report the ability’s rank
- The Hunter’s quiver may occasionally appear in the Hunter’s hand instead of the Hunter’s equipped weapon
We hope to have fixes in place for these issues before launch, but please note that we can never guarantee when or if any known issue will be fixed.
Thank you all for your reports on the WoW Classic Beta so far!